Monday, November 26, 2012

Seated break

I would like to ask what happens when you have finished all what you were supposed to do. When you sit down, on a rock in the park, on the chair in the kitchen drinking tea, or on the floor of an empty apartment. And you think, "men, I do not remember when it was the last time I was sitting like this". And the following thought is sometimes, "But what did I do all this time? Why could I not sit here?".

It always seems like you should have always time for doing few things. Take a deep breath, take a sip at your tea, look at the window to see the sun or the clouds or the moon. But then the days come where you think there is no time for nothing, you have so much to do, you are so busy. And when finally you sit again, because you are finished, or you are too tired, then you realize, you would have always had time, if you wanted to. Because this is not the time that steals you and your energy from something else or someone. This is the time that enriches you and allows you to go on.
But myself, I normally forget about all this every time I am under pressure. I panic, I forget the priority of things, I try to save the world, my world, trying to saving everything, optimizing everything, checking every comma, checking every minute detail. But I forget to check the tea and the window and the seat. Only afterwards, when you have reached your goals, everything seems so simple, so meaningless sometime, so obvious. As it should be, I suppose, just for remembering you are nothing, but you can say that only once you have it.

I would like to be able to remember more often to sit down. To remember that nothing is so important that can steal you those 30 seconds to look out of the window. To remember that you need breaks to think better, to be better. That we all need silence, sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment