Friday, September 14, 2012

Organisation

I would like to ask why people have to decide spontaneously all the time what and when they are going to do something, and can not just plan it. Not that I really care what and when they do it: I care only when I am directly involved and I have to participate to the event.

I am a very unplanned person. I like to just follow my mood regarding what I do in my free time, depending also on the weather, on tiredness, energy, occasions, and so on. But, I am then on my own, unless by chance someone joins me. If I organise a party, I don't say "Hey, would you like to come to a party one of those evenings? Not sure where, nor when, but please keep yourself free.". If I really want to see someone, I decided when and where we meet typically at least a couple of days in advance. If it is about work, well, the schedule is far more precise.
But no, there are people, apparently, who organise everything depending on the flow of events - even when more than 10 people are involved, and maybe a restaurant needs to be booked, or similar. I think that they just believe that everyone is waiting for their sign and decision in order to do what they finally tell them to do. Often they already committed to the event, hoping the invitation will get more details, but no, they remain trapped between politeness and uncertainty.
I think there is a basic lack of respect of other people's time. As if now with the modern communication methods, people could decide at the last moment when and where to meet, ignoring the fact that one could have liked to plan, get ready, or simply do something else with other people. Why is it necessary to always take decisions at the very last possible moment?
People now are more flexible, someone may tell me. Well, I do not really share the point of whom says that this is always positive. I feel more like a further possibility for bosses to influence their employes' lives, and consequently to have some power on them. And this is never good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment