Thursday, September 27, 2012

Deep point times

I would like to ask what are the things that on average most people would use to improve their mood or simply feel better. Of course, some people want to teach us truths like "life is a gift and you should be happy also just for that", or "Life is so short that you should not lose your time complaining and feeling bad", or again that "You can only find real happiness within yourself and when you are in peace with your consciousness, after you behaved properly". And so on. But for me, and also for most people I know, there are always moments in which I feel like I could never do anything right in my life and I never will, or I have just messed up on something important and feel terrible, or I simply do not know what I want, what to do, which decision to take.

I have read somewhere once that if you see a sad person and you want to help her, you have to ask her whether she needs any of four things: water, food, sex or sleep. This might be a first attempt for helping feeling better. Nevertheless, I know that most times I just need far less basics stuff to be less sad. I have to get out of my thoughts of being a failure, and take some distance from them, which allows me then to see more objectively what is going on. Then normally it is easier to see possible solutions or at least some positive aspects in the whole story. So, what I need is distraction to get out of the vicious thinking circle, and quite to be able to think "properly".
I try to take a deep breath. I force myself to go out for a walk, no matter the weather - this is probably the reason why all important decisions in my life are associated with becoming completely wet in an afternoon of pouring rain - - just bad timing. I walk and walk and walk and try to think about anything I could do right. Anything. Normally I can't think of anything in those moments, so I get even more depressed (and wet). Then, the situations can vary. I might see someone I know on the road and a conversation might start. Or I see something that gets my attention, and I get distracted. Or, I enter in a shop.
All this gets me back to the real world. Then, most of the time, my problems get a new dimension. They still remain as such, I still need to find a solution for them. But my sadness transforms in energy which I must employ in finding a solution, in doing something, realizing that they will not be solving by themselves alone. I start making a plan, or a list of possibilities, of destinies, and evaluate them. Every thought brings me a bit further in being less confused, feeling less insignificant, more powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment